Guides on how to apply for Scholarships in Germany for postgraduate students all over the globe.
The German educational Exchange Service (DAAD) award offer to foreign degree holder from all schools development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with no less than two years’ full time experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state acknowledged German university, and in an uncomon cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university grade (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
German Universities present development-related postgraduate courses
PhD Economic courses business/Sciences/Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Environmental natural Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
See the complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2023/2024.
Number of awards
Students from eligible countries
The scholarships encompass monthly payments of 870 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for advance degree candidates; payments towards health, or any other personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the accomodation country or another source of funding.
The scholarship period is 24 months depending on the specific institution for Masters, and 42 months for PhD.programs
The scholarship holder:
• Is presently working for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a carriage on technological, economic or social areas
• Has a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has finished an educational degree with distant above average results (upper third) and at least two years of connected professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of applying
• He/She academic degrees should not be more than six years old.
• study courses in German (scholarship comprises a 6-month compulsory German language course): a good grade of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a essential demand, that needs to be windproof by providing a result
• English language courses : IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Applying must be made straight to the individual course. Please refer to the individual course websites for the application procedure, the application time limit, and the documents to be submitted. time limit varies depending on the course but ends around August-October 2022.
It is important to read the FAQs and the 2023/2024 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
CLICK HERE TO START REGISTRATION NOW
Official Scholarship Website: https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=3&origin=190&subjectGrps=F&daad=&intention=&q=&page=1&detail=50076777