IBM Internships 2022 – Apply Now
This post about IBM internships is for you if you are a strong thinker and passionate about creating change. You can combine your interests and experience with the unrivaled IBM technology to help transform global organizations.
Information about IBM
IBM stands for International Business Machines. It is a global technology company that provides hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
Charles Ranlett Flint founded the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company in 1911, following the amalgamation of four enterprises in New York State. The company was renamed IBM in 1924.
Given the organization’s age of almost 100 years, it is not surprising that it has had the to adapt to technological advancements over the years.
The company is moving from an infrastructure player to becoming a cloud- and data-driven business.
Bluemix, a SoftLayer Cloud, and data analytics through the Watson supercomputer are some of the cloud solutions offered by the corporation, which is also known as ‘Big Blue.’
Although the company has expanded its product range to include server hardware, the z Series mainframe is still a core product.
Software is also provided by the corporation, including its DB2 database and IBM SPSS. IBM has been a leader in continuous innovation for more than 100 years. Patenting is an indicator of the invention. IBM has been at the top of the US patent grantees list for 20 years.
IBM Internships 2021/2022
IBM internships offer the chance to be involved in projects that have a lasting impact on the world. IBM is looking for individuals who can think outside the box and invent new ways to do business. IBM will allow you to be part of a global community of over 6000 interns in an environment that encourages inclusivity and promotes giving back.
IBM internships offer you the opportunity to learn from the best and gain skills to make you stand out in today’s rapidly changing economy.
There are two types: Future Blue Program and Extreme Blue Program.
- Future Blue
Future Blue is an IBM Canada community that students created. You can participate in the Future Blue Program when you join IBM. You can now focus on your career by having an extraordinary internship experience, including networking, social events, professional growth activities, hackathons, and give-back days. Future Blue will assist you in settling into new work. We’ll celebrate with you and other interns and IBM executives at the Signature Event at the end of the summer.
- Extreme Blue Program
IBM Extreme Blue Internship Program is your opportunity to apply your business acumen and technical knowledge in the workplace. With the support and expertise of one of the most respected technology companies globally, you will be able to work quickly and efficiently to solve real-world business problems.
IBM Internships Roles
The categories that IBM offers for interning include:
- IBM Developer
You will be a part of a personalized, hands-on program as an IBM developer that will help you use your skills in the age of cognitive computing. Interns work in teams across a variety of business areas. They also have the opportunity to contribute to timely and relevant projects that affect IBM clients. Internships are often started in January, May, or September.
- Human Resource
Do you want a challenging but rewarding internship? You will work in Human Resources as a Human Resources intern. This internship covers pay, diversity and recruiting, workforce planning, leadership development, and workforce planning. You will learn leadership and analytical skills through experiential learning.
You have an interest in innovation and change. An IBM Finance Internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in corporate finance and the broader corporate world. As you manage business deliverables and engage in positive initiatives, you’ll be able to continue your education.
Young, creative marketers can impact and affect the world by interning at IBM Marketing & Communications. The internship/co-op program provides a solid foundation in marketing technical skills through a challenging problem-solving project.
New IBM salespeople in North America (NA) Summit receive the experience and skills to work with IBM clients to market and create value-added Cloud solutions and platforms. Through comprehensive training, the NA Summit Program creates new IBM salespeople. It provides a solid foundation in consultative selling skills to help you build your career and help clients succeed.
Here are some current internship positions at IBM:
Quantum Engineer Summer Intern (Master’s/PhD): 2022
IBM Quantum is the global leader in quantum computing. During your internship, you will have the chance to work on many quantum computing platforms: hardware, superconducting qubits, cryoelectronic device design, quantum microwave engineering, quantum, and others.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this position:
- To be considered for the internship, you must be enrolled in a graduate degree program. International students are encouraged to apply. Quantum Engineer Summer Intern is open to undergraduate students.
- Summer interns in Quantum engineering will be working for 12 weeks at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA, or one of the IBM Systems labs in Rochester, MN, USA, or Poughkeepsie,
- NY, USA.
- Professional and technical expertise is required.
- Participation in an undergraduate or graduate program related to engineering or quantum computing
- Experience in engineering in a related field, such as hardware, firmware, cryoelectronic design, superconducting qubits, and cryoelectronic, quantum, FPGA, or materials science.
- I prefer technical and professional expertise.
- Knowledge of process integration, microelectronic material, chemistry, materials science research, and applied physics research.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for quantum computing applications
- Experience analog, mixed-signal, and bespoke digital integrated Circuit design
- Working knowledge of the appropriate tools for development, such as ADS and Mentor, HFSS, and other industry-standard tools.
This internship is available to you
- Undergraduate Diploma in Exploratory Science, AI Software Engineer Intern 2022
The internship will last three months and begin in the summer of 2022 at IBM Research. The AI Intern will train and develop deep learning models and design frameworks for IBM clients. The candidate will work with an AI Engineer, the backend team, and the frontend team to create scalable models on our hybrid cloud platforms.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related field.
- Professional and technical expertise is required.
- You can gain experience in the following areas:
- Machine learning fields (e.g., NLP or CV)
- Software architecture
- Understanding the fundamentals of one of these:
- Deep learning models and techniques (e.g., CNN, RL, and Transformers, as well as GANs)
- Software development and design patterns
- Use Vue.js or React for a full-stack development
- Experience with Python
- Deep learning model development experience using TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Software engineering practices fundamental understanding (e.g., architecture and design patterns).
- Previous experience in unit testing
- Knowledge of DevOps tools is essential
- Experience with Kubernetes and Containers
- Passionate about coding and inventing new concepts
- Chief Analytics Office Intern, Sr. Data Scientist – 2022
As a Staff Data Scientist Intern, this is an internal job with the Chief Analytics Officer. As a Data Scientist Intern, you will work with managers and consultants to help improve the company’s performance through data science and analytics projects. By analyzing data and communicating results to other people, you will help transform data into tangible business value. The following are the typical duties of this position:
- Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking to help companies transform their challenges into analytical frameworks.
- As a subject matter expert in statistical analysis and machine-learning for modeling, creating codes, testing, and validating
- Evaluation of model output and performance in business terms and communication of results to team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to understand and develop their business needs.
- Hybrid Cloud Software Engineer Summer Intern 2022 (Graduate)
This IBM internship position is for you if you are passionate about big data and analytics and want to help solve real-world business problems and drive change.
The following are required for this role:
- Expertise in technical and professional areas
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or any related STEM discipline
- Python proficiency
- Working knowledge and courses on shared Python libraries used data scientists (e.g., NumPy and Pandas, SciPy and Sci-kit-learn; matplotlib, Seaborn, and so forth).
- Statistics and machine learning experience and courses
- Courses and work experience using both structured and unstructured data
- Deep learning, natural language processing experience, and courses
- Understanding database technology, data structures, and SQL.
- Ability to think strategically about technology and business problems in a corporate setting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical concepts to colleagues across disciplines.
- He has demonstrated the ability to share data science and machine-learning experiment results with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Innovative mentality and the ability to take responsible risks
- You have an incredible drive to learn new skills and a passion for trying complicated transformations.
- Ability to work in a group environment
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning or Statistics or any STEM-related field
- Understanding the coding requirements of production applications (e.g., modularity, documentation quality assurance testing, logging, etc.)
- Understanding significant data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Agile development experience
- Experience with using analytic models to solve business problems
- Previous project management experience
- Able to perform all aspects of analytical work, including developing project plans and monitoring performance indicators.
- Ability to manage key stakeholder expectations and asset delivery
How to Find Internships at IBM
Internships are available to undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral students in Computer Science and IT. IBM Research Labs India in Gurgaon or Bangalore offers summer research opportunities each year.
The flagship IBM worldwide internship program, Extreme Blue, is available to Indian students. It runs for ten to 12 weeks and starts in May and ends in July. Extreme Blue initiatives are similar in concept to mini-startups within IBM. Technical interns solve new technology technical problems, and MBA interns work alongside to find commercial solutions. Here are some answers to common questions regarding the EB program.
How can a student apply for an internship at IBM?
There are three options for students to apply for internships at IBM India:
1, Campus Recruitment: IBM hires interns at IITs and other prestigious universities. Contact your college’s T&P team to reach the IBM campus recruitment team for collaboration.
2. Apply directly at the IBM website. You can narrow down your search by using keywords.
3. Through a referral: Ask someone you know who works for IBM to recommend you. This will only get you a telephone interview. Your future is determined by how well you perform at that interview.
Students are required to upload resumes when applying online. After the initial screening of applications and resumes, students must upload their resumes. The IPAT (Information Processing Aptitude Test) is an online test with a time limit of 2.15 minutes per question. There are approximately 20 number series questions as well as 20 aptitude questions.
It is easy to conduct a telephone interview. The questions include both personality and technical questions.
Acceptance of the IBM internship application results in students being assigned to teams and working under the guidance of designated mentors. An attractive stipend and a portion of relocation and accommodation costs are offered.
How complex are IBM Internships?
IBM internships can be pretty straightforward. You must apply online for the internship using their organized form. This will give you a list to discuss and examples from your own experiences.
After you have passed the application phase, you’ll be contacted to take an IPAT test (IBM IPAT Test- Aptitude Test Preparation- JobTestPrep), consisting of numerical series and numerical reasoning questions. Each will take approximately 2 minutes.
You will be invited to an IBM assessment center if you pass the IPAT exam. The assessment center will take about half a day, and you will need to do well in various exercises. The steps vary depending on what post you are applying for. If your application is for technical roles, you will likely be asked to complete a pair (a presentation and technical interview), group exercises, IPAT test, and another programming test.
You will be invited to interview for a job with the manager who selected to hire you if you pass the assessment center. I received the job offer right after the assessment center. There was no business interview.
Tips for Applying
Candidates should submit the
IBM Careersir resumes to the job posting. Please do not send your resume via email or other media unless requested. Please do not send a reference or cover letter unless requested.
The requirements for most jobs at IBM are the same as those in other industries, such as:
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology in any subject (CSE/ECE/IT/EEE/TELECOM/EI).
- Engineering applicants who have graduated in 2020 are eligible for application.
- M.Sc. Graduates in Computer Science and Information Technology may apply.
- MCA graduates can also apply.
- It is important to note that candidates must be able to communicate and interact well with others and have a good understanding of technical subjects.
These categories of people are not eligible for application:
- Candidates who attended interviews within the past six months since the date of the application.
- IBM will reject a candidate in an interview. The candidate cannot apply for six months.
- The candidate is not eligible to apply if IBM has terminated their application.
- After using IBM, a candidate can reapply to participate in the selection.
IBM pays well
An average IBM employee earns $84,424 annually. Many occupations offer additional compensation. IBM has several higher-paying positions, including Research Staff Member, Solutions Administrator, Program Manager, and Management Consul. The average salary for a Research staff member at IBM is $116,531.