Best Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships 2022
Best Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships 2022
The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship scheme provides scholarships of up to £10,000 for full-time master’s studies in Wales. Students from Vietnam, India, North America, and European Union nations are eligible for the scholarships. This distinguished scholarship is the first of its type in Wales, and it is supported by the Global Wales Programme, a collaboration between the Welsh Government, Universities Wales, The British Council, and HEFCW.
Criteria for Eligibility For the Global Wales postgraduate scholarships for international students
To be eligible for this year’s Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
1) Have applied to one of the following Welsh universities to undertake an appropriate postgraduate program:
- University of Aberystwyth
- University of Bangor
- University of Wales, Cardiff
- Metropolitan University of Cardiff
- University of Swansea
- South Wales University
- Trinity Saint David University of Wales Wrexham Glyndwr University
2) Begin your postgraduate program in September 2022.
3) be classified as an international student for tuition reasons.
4) be a citizen of one of the nations listed below:
- Czech Republic
Scholarships will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee reduction and will be non-transferable. There will be no cash alternative.
If the scholarship amount is greater than the cost of tuition, the tuition expenses will be met in full, and any remaining funds will not be granted.
Universities Wales has the right, without notice, to change or modify scholarship grants based on the availability and quality of applications submitted.
Terms and Conditions For The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships For International Students
By the appropriate date, all sections of the online application form must be completed and submitted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If you are offered a scholarship, you will be required to read and sign a scholarship contract. If the paperwork is not returned by the deadline, the University will award the scholarship to someone else.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you agree to function as an ambassador for the Study in Wales brand and will be requested to participate in events or promotional activities from time to time.
As mentioned earlier, unless otherwise specified, scholarships will be in the form of a tuition fee reduction. You must be able to demonstrate sufficient means to cover the rest of your tuition costs and acceptable living expenses due to tight UK Visas and Immigration rules. You must be able to show this to receive a visa to visit the United Kingdom.
Your chosen university may have additional prerequisites. Before applying for a Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship, you should study the scholarship web pages of your preferred university.
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarships, you will need to apply to study at your university. You will need to include your University application number in your scholarship application. The scholarship application form must be submitted online by 23.59 (PST) 31 May 2022 for September 2022 entry.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
During application, you will be required to answer questions like this:
- Why do you wish to study in Wales at your selected university and program of study?
- What experience and talents do you have to qualify you for a Global Wales scholarship?
- We are searching for academics who will represent Wales during their studies and in the future. How will you contribute to the promotion of Wales as a study destination?
Frequently Asked Questions About The Global Wales postgraduate scholarships for international students
- Can I Apply For A Global Wales Scholarship At Another Uk University?
No, the Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships are exclusively open to students studying at a Welsh university.
- What Is Covered By The Scholarship Award?
The initiative provides grants of up to £10,000 to cover tuition expenses for one year of a postgraduate master’s study at any of Wales’ institutions.
- How About The Remaining Tuition Fee And Other Living Expenses?
Any additional expenditures or expenses are the student’s responsibility.
- Can I Study On My Own Time?
Unfortunately, part-time students are not eligible for Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships.
- Can I Study By Distance Learning?
You must intend to study full-time on campus in Wales to be eligible for a scholarship. In view of the current COVID-19 epidemic, if local government restrictions prevent you from traveling to Wales, you may be allowed to begin your studies online before coming to school when you are able.
- Do I Have To Apply To A Welsh University First?
Yes, you must have applied to your university to study before your scholarship application may be considered. Your University application number must be included with your scholarship application. Applications with incorrect application numbers will be rejected.
- Do I Need To Include Any Other Documents With My Application?
No, although while considering your scholarship application, your selected Welsh university may look to your academic application to study.
- I Have A Scholarship From My University And/Or Another Source; Can I Apply For The Global Wales Scholarship As Well?
Yes, however, whether you receive more than one scholarship is at the discretion of the institution. Please double-check the terms and conditions of your preferred university before submitting your scholarship application.
- If The Course I’m Taking Is Longer Than A Year, Will I Receive The Scholarship For Both Years?
No, the scholarship is just for one year.
- I Am Attending A Welsh University Right Now. Is It Possible For Me To Apply For The Scholarship?
Yes, if you are from one of the above-mentioned countries and have been offered a place on an appropriate postgraduate degree at a Welsh university in 2022, you are eligible to apply for a Global Wales Scholarship.
- Is There A Deadline For Applications?
Yes, the deadline for September 2022 admission is 31 May 2022 at 23:59 (PST).
- When Will I Be Told About The Decision?
After the deadline has passed, successful candidates will be notified by email.
- Who Should I Contact If I Have More Questions?
First and first, you should contact the university to which you are applying. You may also contact the Global Wales Scholarship mailbox by email.
Follow Us for Updates
Originally posted 2022-05-08 22:15:39. Republished by Blog Post Promoter